 CAD / 9071
9070  |  9072
Subject:
Size of electric plugs (4.5 / 12 V)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 20:01:13 GMT

I decided to finish the lightbricks (2x2) I have started
a while ago. When comparing the socketholes with those used
by the 4.5 Volt technic motor 6216m.dat and the plug 766c01.dat
I noticed that the size of the metal plugs in part 766c01 are
too big to fit in the socket of motor 6216m.dat.
Is either the motor modelled too small or is the plug modelled
to large?
When I measure the size of the socketholes of my 'new' lightbrick
I measure 2.8 mm, which is 7 LDU, thus a radius of 3.5 LDU.
That matches with those of the motor 6216m.dat.
With 'new' lightbrick, I mean the version with three holes, the
same kind of socket as the motor has.

I have also some older lightbricks (2x2, not the very old 2x4 from
the fifties or sixties) with metal borders through the holes.
These holes are 2.4 mm wide, which is 6 LDU, a radius of 3 LDU.

Shall I use the correct measurements?
(And have the plugs never fit inside ;-) ?

Niels