 CAD / 8900
8899  |  8901
Subject:
Lego Brick Dimensions Changes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 02:19:15 GMT

Has anyone taken the time to measure a standard 2x4 brick or plate in
detail?  More than just outer height width and length but inner wall
thicknesses, cylinder diameters etc.

I've been spending time working out the relationships and proportions of
bricks and plates as they correspond from different axes(I hope that makes
sense).  As I was messing around I noticed differences between the wall
thicknesses as well between various bricks, which made me wonder what the
actual dimensions were.  If your curious just pick up a 2x4 and a 2x8 and
you should notice a difference in not only the design on the inner wall but
different thicknesses as well.

Does the LDU dimensions used in LDraw correspond to any real units of
measure and how accurate are those converted dimensions?  Better yet if you
actually have measured stuff out that would be great.

Any help would be much appreciated.