 CAD / 8816
8815  |  8817
Subject:
Wheels and axles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 12:24:24 GMT

Hello,

I am creating some (train) wheels and now I have a
question about the axles.

The wheels I am creating are (with supplied x-3DN numbers)
x242.dat Wheel Old with spokes
x243.dat Train Wheel Old with Spokes
x244.dat Train Wheel Old with Spokes Conical
x245.dat Train Wheel Old with  4 Studs Conical

This wheel family also contains the existing wheel
7039.dat Wheel Old with  4 Studs

Part 7039.dat includes the axle (subpart 35b.dat)

For my parts x242.dat and x244.dat I could do the same,
but x243.dat is also used in the trainbases (736c01.dat)
and it's 12 stud long equivalent.

I prefer not to include the axle in the actual wheel-part
and create a complete assembly part including the wheel and
axle. Then it would give x242c01.dat, x243c01.dat, x244c01.dat
and x244c01.dat.

The Train Wheel Old with  4 Studs Conical
(x245) I've got, have different axles.
(All these wheels I have, have the same type axle)

Above: Normal axle end
Below: Axle end of part x245
(view with fixed size font, like courier)

< wheel side
            axle end >
----------------------
                     ¦
                     ¦
                     ¦
----------------------

----------------------------
                           ¦
                     -------
                     ¦
----------------------

When two of these wheels are inserted in brick
7049.dat at the long sides (not the normal train sides)
the axle extensions are as follows:

axle 1                    axle 2
                 ¦ ¦
            --====--