 CAD / 8623
    Re: Lego patent issued —Don Heyse
   (...) As usual I'm amazed at the ineptitude of the patent system when it comes to software. I think it's because all patent examiners eventually expect to become patent lawyers, so the more crap they let through the system as examiners, the more (...) (22 years ago, 3-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Lego patent issued —Erik Olson
   It all becomes ever so much clearer when you understand that "novel" means "not known to the patent office". (There are also other subtleties that make a thing novel or not novel.) "Immediately obvious to one skilled in the art" is not asserted (...) (22 years ago, 3-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)