 CAD / 8325
8324  |  8326
Subject:
L3Lab mytest5 and mytest6 (was: L3P mytest5)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 23:27:56 GMT

Philippe Hurbain wrote...
Could someone enlighten me on the use of mytest5 in L3P ?

I think you mean L3Lab, the viewer. L3P is the DAT-to-POV converter.

L3Lab keeps track if drawing a part actually draws any pixels or not.
If not, there's no need to update the display.
To test if this works, mytest5 will ALWAYS update the display,
even if L3Lab thinks it's not needed.
If you can spot any difference on the display when mytest5 is either on or off,
then the algorithm does not work!

However, I think it works, and that is why you wonder what mytest5 does,
since you can't see any difference :-)

mytest6 turns on BFC test mode (make sure BFC is also turned on)
Triangles/quads where BFC applies (marked CLIP in the tree view) are drawn in green or red,
red if the surface points away from you.
Triangles/quads where BFC does not apply are drawn in blue.

So, you should see your object in green/blue.
If you see any red surface, you must fix the orientation of it.
/Lars