 CAD / 7648
7647  |  7649
Subject:
Beta testers needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 00:12:56 GMT

Hi all,

I am working on a ldraw tool for creating animations (Windows). It's
called ld4dmodeler (LDraw 4Dimensional Modeler).

I am working on it for over a month now and it's nearly useable but I
would like to test it on different systems before release. The program
can be ready for betatesting within two weeks.

The things I am mostly interested in, are:

Does the 3D preview space works on a general system?
Do people like/tolerate the current GUI?
Is it dummyproof?

A short feature list (and there status):

Add models to project (Ready)
3D preview window (Useable)
Define jointpoints on those models (Ready)
Define joints using two models and a jointpoint on ether of them (Ready)
Control those joints (angle between models) and combined model rotation
/ position control (Ready)
Place multiple combined models within 3d space (Partly)
Create animation actions. Angle control and movement (Partly)
Animate the whole thing in the preview (Ready)
Export frames to dat / ldr -> pov (via l3p) -> bmp (via pov-ray) -> avi
(via video for windows) (Ready except the avi part)

Current preview window needs directx 8, hardware acceleration is
recommended. (the 3d preview is far from finished therefore quite slow
at the moment :( ). I also recamend a Pentium 2..4 of about 400+ Mhz or
an AMD athlon / duron system.

When fully functional you can use the program to create full motion
avi's of e.g. an walking robot.
Or just use it to generate .dat's or .pov's of your model from different
angles (showroom rotation) like you where a director :)

If you want to help, please reply here or mail me directly. Also tell me
about your system setup (CPU, VGA, MEM) so I can begin determen minimal
system requirements.

Greatings,

Roland