 CAD / 7565
    Optimising piece use (Was: LDraw.org MOTM/SOTM voting for March is open) —Jacob Sparre Andersen
   (...) I spent some time thinking about this yesterday. If we look at the problem of substituting the 1×1 plates with larger pieces as an optimisation problem, then we have to define a good "energy function" to describe the quality of various piece (...) (22 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Optimising piece use (Was: LDraw.org MOTM/SOTM voting for March is open) —Paul Gyugyi
   Cool. I like the parallel-paths-to-ground idea that you'd get with conductance and studs as resistors. I can see large 1x16 "ground plane beams being used, likewise maybe wall pieces. Another interesting aspect is surface gradients, and the use of (...) (22 years ago, 29-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)