 CAD / 7447
Re: Original Parts List?(zipped)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 08:39:01 GMT

"John Henry Kruer" <jhkruer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:GsH4xx.M80@lugnet.com...
Is there anywere I could get the original Ldraw parts in zip form?  I want
to move Ldraw from the family computer to my computer, which doesn't have
internet.  All I have are 3 1/2 inch floppy disks.  If I compress the
floppy, I still need 10 kilobytes MORE to transport the  current part • list.
However, without the numerous updates, I thought I might be able to fit • it.
Does anybody have the original partlist?

Why not just use WinZIP or another ZIP program to compress the files and
span them over multiple disks? You may find that you get better compression
out of WinZIP too which means you might get them onto a single floppy.

There are currently 2 sets of parts file you'd need to be up to date with
the current official parts - the original LDraw exe includes the core parts,
and the complete.exe has the updates. LDraw is at
http://www.ldraw.org/download/dos/ldraw and is 987KB, parts updates are at
http://www.ldraw.org/library/updates/  and complete.exe is currently 2.8MB -
this second page also has all of the individual parts updates if you don't
want to have all the new ones.

Dan