 CAD / 7364
Re: EditStudio from PureMotion! (was: Adding sound to animations?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:28:03 GMT

If you want a sound editor, probably the best is Pro Tools FREE:

Windows 98/ME version
http://www.digidesign.com/products/prd_overview.cfm?product_id=1202
Macintosh version
http://www.digidesign.com/products/prd_overview.cfm?product_id=2040

I was able to find a few editors for Windows on versiontracker:
http://www.versiontracker.com/mp/new_search.m?productDB=win&mode=Quick&
OS_Filter=Windows&search=sound+edit

In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson writes:
At last, I've found a very good tool called EditStudio from PureMotion.
www.puremotion.com
It has all features you can ask for and costs only £59 to unlock.
Unfortunately, the program crasches while previewing with only two sounds mixed
together, so I have to save to disk each time I wish to check if the sounds got
right. Saving a 20 seconds clip takes almost 8 minutes so to me it's not worth
paying for.

I could settle with a less featured but more stable program if only I could
find one.

But the good thing is: at last, I can add sound to the animations!

/Tore
(This is an unpaid testamony) :o)

In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson writes:
I use Animation Shop 3 from Paint Shop Pro 7 to create animations, but I
find no "Add Sound" option there. (Yes, I have pressed the F1 key)

Is there any, preferably free tool to add sounds to avi or mpeg files, or is
there an option in PSP7 that haven't seen?

/Tore