 CAD / 7067
7066  |  7068
Subject:
Newbie animation question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 01:11:55 GMT

Are there any good FAQs/websites for a basic walkthrough of the easiest way
to create an animation using .dat files?

I'm familiar with ML-CAD, L3P (&L3PAO), and POV-RAY, but haven't really done
much beyond static renderings of my models.  I know that I could do an
animation the hard way with L3P by figuring out all of the lighting and
camera angles, render up a mess of individual .pov files and string them
together, but figured there has to be an easier way.

Finally finished putting together .dat files of the collector's series
X-Wing & Tie Interceptor and the new Blockade Runner and was hoping to have
some animation fun with them.

Sorry if this is an obvious/frequent question, but while I've seen quite a
few folks posting some amazing animations, I hadn't seen much discussion of
the nuts and bolts of how-to.

Thanks in advance!
-John