 CAD / 6948
Re: Animation how to
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 21:23:33 GMT

Don't pay for anything.  You can use L3PAO and L3P and Pov-Ray for free.
Take your MLcad models and use the L3PAO program to create POV-Ray files.
Then in POV do the animation.   There is NO internet how-to site for this
and the process has been a learn as you go thing.  The inital learning curve
is a bit steep but once you get over it the biggest problem you will run
into is TIME.  LEGO Animations take f-o-r-e-v-e-r to create even on high end
machines.  I'm running an PIII 900 MHz, 512 MB RAM system and it still takes
1-2 days to create 30 sec. aniamtions. =(

If you need help email me and I'll be happy to show you what I have learned
from others. I get the feeling that there are NOT too many POV-LEGO
animation people out there.

-Ahui

see my animations at http://jedi_agh.tripod.com  under the download section.