 CAD / 69
Re: New but old mech, the Scorpion.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 19:50:01 GMT

Mike Stanley writes:
Ben Vaughan <buster@marsbase.com> wrote:
0 Scorpion.
0 Designed by Ben Vaughan for marsbase.com

Sweet model.  I've got a question, though.  Lemme retry this in both
IE 4.01 and Communicator 4.7.

Yep, same problem.  When I click on the link in Communicator LDlite
pops right up.  When I do so in IE I get the File Download box.  It
has Save selected instead of open.  If I select Open I get the Open
With box that you're used to when you try to open a file with an
extension that hasn't been registered.  Only problem is, .dat HAS been
registered to LDlite.  So I go ahead and select LDlite and it opens
fine.

But I have to do that EVERY time.  And when I choose to save it
(sometimes I don't want to look at it right away) I have to give it a
name because the filename of the file is not extracted from the file
itself, but rather it seems to be generated by the script.  Is there
any way to have the script pass the filename from the file itself?

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET

There's a message that's part of the LDLITE 1.0 thread that gives some info
about how to do this.  I only running Netscape 4.07 so I haven't tried it with
IE...I will though! 8)