 CAD / 6280
6279  |  6281
Subject:
Renaming Datville files?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 14:37:17 GMT

With all respect for John VanZwieten and all the others involved: The Datsville files is a mess.

I have tried to analyze the hierarche of models and sub-models, I even made a program that lists every file reference.
There is a need for inlining and renaming. Some buildings are split up into sub-files for no apperant reason at all; it
just makes a lot of extra files.

First, I'd like to categorize the models.
* We have the Main file town.dat and from there the "area files" town##.dat.
So far, so good.
* But, we have buildings, vehicles, minifigs, plants, landscape, whatmore?
They need to be named consistently.
Like all building begin with a 'b',  minifigs with 'm' or maybe better 'mf'
All submodels that all not inlined with an underscore or something and then six etters of its parent and a digit.

Some minifigs and vehicles need to be extracted from their models in order to keep track on where they are. Yes I know,
it makes more files again... :o/

I have more ideas, but I got to go now.
/Tore

Excerpt from Analys.txt (orig. size: 35 Kb)
town.dat - Description: 0 Town Scene

town00.dat - Description: 0 Town Central Square
town.dat - Line 4 - Color 16

town01.dat - Description: 0 Town 0 East 1 North
town.dat - Line 5 - Color 16

town0-1.dat - Description: 0 Town O East 1 South
town.dat - Line 6 - Color 16

town02.dat - Description: 0 Town 0 East 2 North
town.dat - Line 7 - Color 16

town0-2.dat - Description: 0 Town Section 0 West 2 South
town.dat - Line 8 - Color 16

town0-3.dat - Description: 0 Town Section 0 West 3 South
town.dat - Line 9 - Color 16

town10.dat - Description: 0 Town Section 1 East 0 North
town.dat - Line 10 - Color 16

town-10.dat - Description: 0 Town 1 West 0 North
town.dat - Line 11 - Color 16

town11.dat - Description: 0 Town Section 1 East 1 North
town.dat - Line 12 - Color 16

town-11.dat - Description: 0 Town 1 West 1 North
town.dat - Line 13 - Color 16

town1-1.dat - Description: 0 Town Section 1 East 0 North
town.dat - Line 14 - Color 16

town-1-1.dat - Description: 0 Town 1 West 1 South
town.dat - Line 15 - Color 16

town20.dat - Description: 0 Town Section 2 East 0 North
town.dat - Line 16 - Color 16

town-20.dat - Description: 0 Town 2 West 0 North
town.dat - Line 17 - Color 16

town-2-1.dat - Description: 0 Town Section 2 West 1 South
town.dat - Line 18 - Color 16

townpeep.dat - Description: 0 1 0 -2560 0 1280 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 608p01.dat
town.dat - Line 19 - Color 16

tswalk2.dat - Description: 0 Sidewalk 32 w/o corners
town00.dat - Line 24 - Color 0
town0-1.dat - Line 37 - Color 16
town0-1.dat - Line 38 - Color 16
town0-1.dat - Line 56 - Color 16
town0-1.dat - Line 57 - Color 16
town0-1.dat - Line 58 - Color 16
town0-1.dat - Line 59 - Color 16
town0-1.dat - Line 60 - Color 16

tswalk3.dat - Description: 0 Sidewalk 32 w/o corners
town00.dat - Line 25 - Color 0
town00.dat - Line 26 - Color 0

tswcorn.dat - Description: 0 Town Sidewalk Corner
town00.dat - Line 27 - Color 0
town00.dat - Line 31 - Color 0
town00.dat - Line 32 - Color 0
town00.dat - Line 36 - Color 15