 CAD / 5977
Re: L3PAO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 09:36:56 GMT

"Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@globalxs.nl> wrote in message
news:3B134350.E3967621@globalxs.nl...
I have installed L3PAO on two Win98 machines and on one of them I can
not get it to work. I have installed the VBRUN 6 files on both, but on
one computer I get a message tha COMDLG32.OCX or DLL is the wrong
version, though on both machines it is the same!

(I sent this reply direct to Jaco earlier by accident, I should have sent it
to the group. I have built the install project for the OCX so if anyone
needs it let me know. J Boen, can I suggest that you swap the VB6 runtime
download link for a full setup download for L3PAO that contains the exe and
all support files in a single ZIP that uses the standard VB installer?).

You need more than just the VB6 runtimes to run a VB program that uses
COMDLG32.OCX as this file is not part of the self-installed runtimes that
are freely distributable, although the file itself is distributable with a
VB6 application. L3PAO really needs a full setup version built using Windows
Installer or the Visual Studio Setup and Deployment Wizard, and an EXE only
download for those people who already have VB or a previous version of
L3PAO. If you still need this file I can build a small VB6 app that uses
COMDLG32 and email it so you can get the file installed.

Dan