 CAD / 5821
5820  |  5822
Subject:
LDraw parts as 3D objects
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 07:56:05 GMT

Hey all,

I've done a (not so extensive) search of the .cad groups and related web
sites, and haven't seen this mentioned (though it may have been-sorry if
that is so).

Have the .dat parts from LDraw ever been collected into an archive of 3D
objects? Or, has anyone ever batch/mass exported the parts to
3DMF/DWG/Whatever for use without LDraw, etc.? Is this a good enough idea
for someone to try it? Is there any reason this can't/shouldn't be done?

As some know, I'm just a lowly Macintosh user, and can't edit LDraw files.
However, I am a lowly Mac user with Strata, Lightwave, Bryce, and several
other 3D programs where I could create my own models from scratch. I'm just
too lazy to keep modelling all of my own parts!

Any help is appreciated!

Matt