 CAD / 5754
Re: New ldraw updat?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 10:52:50 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Burkhard Schloemer" <BuS1503@muenster.de> writes:

Not so soon I think. I'm not looking forward to it anyway, since
many of our beloved parts-designers are mostly sitting on their
hands doing nothing, or doing something else, especially for the
last 6 months :(

I don't think "part designer" is the correct term.  There is nothing
special about the people who develop parts -- anybody can do it.  It
just takes a lot of time and effort; time and effort spent without
getting any real compensation for it.

Agreed - I don't consider myself a designer - just an interpretor of real
life parts into LDraw syntax.

By the way, it is not my impression that there has not been developed
any new parts during the last 6 months.

True - I for one have not stopped authoring, but the time I can give to this
varies, depending on other priorities. In addition to posting the parts to
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, they have been sent to parts@ldraw.org for the new parts
update process.

Fredrik