 CAD / 5753
Re: New ldraw updat?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 09:03:06 GMT

"Burkhard Schloemer" <BuS1503@muenster.de> writes:

Not so soon I think. I'm not looking forward to it anyway, since
many of our beloved parts-designers are mostly sitting on their
hands doing nothing, or doing something else, especially for the
last 6 months :(

I don't think "part designer" is the correct term.  There is nothing
special about the people who develop parts -- anybody can do it.  It
just takes a lot of time and effort; time and effort spent without
getting any real compensation for it.

You could be a "part designer", too, if you had spent the time and
effort to learn how to encode parts.  The description of the format is
all in the FAQ, and you can refer to historical discussions on lugnet
for extra details.

By the way, it is not my impression that there has not been developed
any new parts during the last 6 months.  In my experience, the number
of new parts developed lately is stunning.  I'm impressed, honestly.

Fredrik