 CAD / 5626
Re: 2 x 2 tile round
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 15:18:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Henrik Ewald wrote:

This part has no parts author. Does this mean it's made by James Jessiman ?

Yes.

I could only find one of these tiles at home, but it looks very different
from the created by LEdit. The bottom center X is too small, the "cut-outs"
too low, and the side "tabs" should be rounded on the inside. (among other
things).

There are two possible reasons for the differences:

1. The file is actually inaccurate.
2. James modelled an older version of the part.

I don't know enough about the history of this part to say whether it has
changed over time or not.

Would it be allright to remake this part, and is anyone else interested in
doing it ? Or are you all happy using it as it is ?

If you would like a part-file that is accurate with the parts you have,
then by all means, go ahead and update the file.  When it comes time to
update the parts library, we can either replace the existing file, or add
your file as a model of a new version of the part.

For some examples of parts which changed over time, look at the 1x1 round
brick (3 different versions in LDraw), the minifig head (2 versions), and
the Technic 1/2 bushing (3 versions).

Steve