 CAD / 5419
    Re: On the difficulty of making building instructions —Don Heyse
   (...) BlockCad (and perhaps other programs) does some collision detection when moving the bricks to assist in the placement. You could enhance this by inventing a mouse that provides some tactile feedback (ala playstation controllers) when the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: On the difficulty of making building instructions —Alex Farlie
     (...) Your Phd thesis is not about 3D CAD interfaces then I take it? (Which incidentally is an area of Computing Research if you know WHERE to look and ask..) (...) This sounds like a good technique... Audible feedback.. However my qyery is how easy (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: On the difficulty of making building instructions —Erik Olson
     I think I have a nice solution to the 3-dimensional movement. Depending on what side of the brick you mouse on, its movement is constrained. Style 1: you mouse on a brick's side, it's like you can only push or pull it in a straight line. Click on (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: On the difficulty of making building instructions —Steve Bliss
   (...) I think you've got it just right with this, Jacob. (...) One problem with LEGO is that people want to build by "clicking" pieces into place. Putting two bricks side by side doesn't count as building a model. So collision detection is just a (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.cad)