 CAD / 5148
Re: Line Thickness
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 25 Dec 2000 11:49:50 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> writes:

A few days ago I described in passing my desire for thicker lines in
renderings, perhaps as an option.

I'm wondering how hard of an enhancement that would be? I've spent
a little time with LDLite and it's difficult to get the same easy
renderings of an entire MPD.

I've used this feature in LDLITE, and I'd say it's a great way to
achieve an anti aliasing effect on the renderings.  You simply render
at 300%, say, with thick lines enabled.  Then you scale down the
resulting image.

Here are a couple of examples from using this technique:

    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=1374 (except the
    first image, which is done with L2P+POV-Ray.)

Fredrik