 CAD / 5013
  Re: Renderers that poll for changes?

(...) Good luck finding a polling viewer that works in Win 3.1! In occasional moments of insanity I've considered building a version of ldglite for DOS with the djgpp compiler and Scitech MGL, but then I come to my senses and remember that LDRAW and (...) (24 years ago, 26-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Renderers that poll for changes?

(...) I suppose if you have a bunch of compact Win 3.1 apps you might feel that way. My 486 laptop has 20 Mb and a much smaller disk and works fine for me, but I mostly use it for multiple DOS windows to run the compiler and text editor. (...) I (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Renderers that poll for changes?

(...) With 420 Mb hard disk and 16 Mb RAM, it's no upgrade at all. (RAM not even upgradeable). I prefer a fast 486 with Win 3.1 before a slow one with Win95. I have no hope of finding a polling viewer that works in Win 3.1. I want to know what (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Renderers that poll for changes?

(...) I think you are mistaken ! Memory Manager in Win3.1 is pretty much Brain Dead, after an hour or two of usage, it starts swaping memory to disk like crazy, because it does not regrup the deallocated memory. Trust me it's worth the change. I (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad)