 CAD / 4982
Re: LDS Poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 07:37:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tore Eriksson writes:
Dear Part Authors,

As I am a little vain, I wish to know if there is anyone besides me who still uses the LDraw Script Compiler.
So, please let me know what your experiences are. Here are some ready made statements to pick from, or use your own
words:

What is LDS?

I would have to say that this is the statement that best applies to my
situation.  Until your post came to my attention, Tore, I didn't know this
software existed.  Of course, now that I've been alerted to LDS, I have
downloaded it and the LDS Shell (I freely admit to having a GUI-dependency
problem).  I will let you know what I think in future posts and/or emails.

This is a perfect example of a problem I think exists in the LEGO CAD
community:  There are so many software programmers and so many programs,
that many of them (especially ones that have been around awhile) get
"buried" in LUGNET news postings.  Although it's quite possible this stuff
is readily available (Yes, I speak "DOH!" fluently), I for one have a hard
time finding all the options that exist.   Is there a way to find an
exhaustive menu of the different LEGO CAD softwares?

Loving all the options,

Tim Romine
AFOL for Life
enimor@earthlink.net