 CAD / 489
    Re: Update on Virtual Plans —Steve Bliss
   (...) Do you mean structural arms, or arms with access passageways? It seems a little mean to make the crew scale ladders to get to their quarters (but not out of the question -- they are explorers and scientists; they shouldn't mind a little (...) (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Update on Virtual Plans —Tim McSweeney
   (...) What's wrong with Shoeboxes hanging off a bar? I assume this ship is only ever designed for space flight not atmospheric. As long as the ship can withstand the force exerted by the engines (Or has inertial dampers) it's fine. Take a look at a (...) (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Update on Virtual Plans —Steve Bliss
   (...) {The Coke Cans don't have to deal with acceleration. So that's not a good example.) Maybe my goal should be that BR's final appearance should lie somewhere between the international space station and the Enterprise in apparent fragility... I (...) (26 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Update on Virtual Plans —Terry Keller
   (...) I am not a big ship/stations sort of guy. So if I attend such a lego-fest I will bring several standard De-Connectors to blow the thing to smithereens.(1) :-) -- Terry K -- 1. I believe that is the first time I have ever used "smithereens". (26 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.cad)