 CAD / 4694
Re: personalized arragement of part library
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 14:58:50 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Manfred Moolhuysen wrote:

I vaguely remember that in one of the cad programs it was possible to make
your own custom arragement for the part library. I don't remember what program.
Would someone please be so kind to remind me where such a thing was possible,
and (equaly important) how I should do it ?

I think I smell a troll. :)

There are at least two ways to do this:

1. LDAO's Visual Element Catalog (VEC) will let you create any number of
part-categories, and you can move parts into the category you want by
simple drag-n-drop.

Drawbacks:  the categories are only single-level (no nested categories),
each part can only be in a single category.

If you don't have LDAO, you can read about at
<http://members.home.com/steve.bliss/ldao/>.  But don't download it from
there right now (as of Sept 28 2000).  Get a good copy at
<http://members.home.net/steve.bliss/ldao/test/ldaosetup.exe>.

2. Edit the part files in ldraw\parts.  The part-name is on the first line
of each file.  Leave the leading "0 " alone, but change the rest of the
line however you want.  After you're done hacking your files, run mklist to
regenerate the parts list.

Steve