 CAD / 4365
Re: Lego on a realtime engine?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 08:49:22 GMT

That is EXACTLY what I have been looking for also!!!!!  I think your best
chances are with the, somewhat, new LDView.  This program opens up .dat or
.mpd files and alows you to view them realtime in opengl with a 3d exclerator
card.  However, you can only rotate the file and it still needs work.  The
original name was L3dview for a viewer that uses 3d.  I don't remember who the
author is, but I'm sure you could find out with Lugnet's search capabilities.
In my opinian, this program is your best chance, the author just needs to know
what needs to be done and what people want.  Mouser X over and out.

In lugnet.cad, Eduardo Vazquez writes:
I been using morfit ( www.morfit.com ) and I tryed to make Lego model for this
realtime engine but I can't. What I would like to do is something like
datsville but on realtime engine that way I can walk and view the models like
in vrml.
Does anyone know a good engine that dosen't need a powerfull pc?
Can someone help me with this idea?