 CAD / 4278
4277  |  4279
Subject:
A CD-ROM Update of sorts...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 15:15:03 GMT

Hey..
Just thought I'd fill everybody in on the status of the CD-ROM.  As of now,
I haven't gotten a big chance to work on it.  I'm bogged down with work for
the internet startup (one of 4 members at this point) and getting ready to
go away to school.  If I get the chance and also if I get my CD-RW working
with Windows 2000, I'll try to wrap a few things up and get the disc off to
someone who can write install programs.  What would be really helpful right
now would be for someone experienced with finances and business to look into
tax status for LDraw - so we can collect donations to the project and also
so we can collect a profit off the CD (for group fundraiser - $10 for a $2
CD - this will be used for things like .datFest or equipment for the
furthering of LDraw/DAT).  This would save me a lot of effort in a field
which I have next to no experience.  So in the next couple weeks I should
get that drive working and get a copy of the CD off to a few people for
additional work.  And don't worry - I'll still be paying much needed
attention to the website.

--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114