 CAD / 4266
4265  |  4267
Subject:
angles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 18:24:29 GMT

I'm currently trying to build a large (4 foot) model of the Imperial Star
Destroyer, and I'm having a devil of a time working out those wierd compound
angles on the ship.

I know I could just build up the slopes with plate pieces, but I have far more
technic parts than plates, and I'd just rather have the beast look smooth. So
here's my question;

Has anyone worked out the rise/run ratios that will connect with techinic
parts, to within, say, 5 degrees of each point on the compass rose?  The slopes
I'm trying to approximate are like, a rise of  one brick in a run of 5 studs,
and a rise of one brick in a run of 15 studs.

I'm hoping someone has already put up a web site about this, or come up with
an algorythem of some kind....