 CAD / 3986
Re: Add on viewer help!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 20:30:54 GMT

"leggomylego" <leggomylego@hotmail.com> writes:
Where can I find info on downloading and installing the viewer that would
allow me to "see" LDraw models while reading Lugnet via IE?  TIA,

Eric

If you have L3LAB (normally available at www.netby.net/Nord/Mandelvej/Hassing/l3lab.html,
which is temporarily out of service, but I can email you a copy) you can do the following:

If you click on a [dat] link on LUGNET, IE thinks it will receive a file named "ldraw.cgi"
(at least that's what I see). If you associate the filetype "*.cgi" with L3LAB (save one
DAT file with that name, right-click on it and choose "Open with...", then select L3LAB
and check "Always open with this program", click on OK and you're done), a new instance
of L3LAB is started each time you click on a .cgi file (provided this type isn't already
associated with another program - to test, double click on the ldraw.cgi file before
doing anything else). The drawback is that a new copy of L3LAB is started with each click.

Axel

Axel Poque                              email: axel.pq@t-online.de
Aachen, Germany             home: http://home.t-online.de/~axel.pq
MiniFig Space Flight Center: http://home.t-online.de/~axel.pq/msfc