 CAD / 397
Re: Joining two parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 21:36:53 GMT

How do you join two parts so that they look like one part(specifically
2 box.dats)? They look like an L shape together, so I doubt a
quadrillateral(sp?) joining them would work.

Take a look at the FAQ.  Parts are made of triangles, quadrilaterals and
lines., so to make an L-shaped box, you'll need about 18 lines and 10
quadrilaterals.  For the L-shaped sides you'll need two quadrilaterals
like this:
        ____
        |  |
    ____|  |
    |    \ |
    |_____\|

While you're making the part, use different colors so that you make sure
the seams match up.
I think there may be a box*.dat without any lines, but that would give
you extra faces inside the shape.
If there's a better way to do this, could someone correct me?
--Bram