 CAD / 3879
Re: Modeling bent flexible technic axles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 17:51:36 GMT

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> writes:

This is great!

I'm happy to hear that you found it interesting!

Of course, now I *have* to install Emacs.

:-)

If you haven't used Emacs before, you may find it a bit hard to get
started.  Eamcs has evolved pretty independent from the Windows
tradition, and hence has it's own keystrokes and terms.  For example,
what is generally refered to as "cut" and "paste" in the rest of the
world, is called "kill" and "yank" in Emacs.

I wrote a few words on getting started with Emacs and LDraw-mode in a
recent thread at here:

    http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dev/org/ldraw/?n=815

If you experience any other problems, feel free to ask me about it!

As the user base of LDraw-mode is kinda small (I know of one more person
who uses some of the functions!), I would be happy to hear about bugs
and generally things that should have been described better on the
homepage.

Fredrik