 CAD / 3537
Re: 3D Modeling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 08:21:07 GMT

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000 18:39:22 GMT, "Eelco Kooiker"
<eelco@kooiker.demon.nl> wrote:

Hello,

At this moment I am drawing (Technic) Lego parts in a 3D CAD program. The
advantage of this program is that you can easy visualize the working of you
model. (e.g. when you make a motor and turns the  crank axle, the pistons will
be go up and down)

For now I don't have many parts yet.

You can see a preview picture on my homepages under 3D Modeling

What do you think about this??
Are there more people who has make some pieces in a 3D CAD program?

Eelco Kooiker
http://www.kooiker.demon.nl/eelco

It looks great. Wich CAD program, and wich rendering program do you
use ? (The background look like Photoworks rendering in Solidworks)
If your CAD program can save STL files (standard for
stereolithography), you could use my converter stl2dat to create DAT
files. You have modelised some parts that are not yet modelised :
32249  Liftarm, [3 x 3] x 1, quarter circle (90deg) and this parts
would certainly interest many other people in DAT format.

Another idea, there is a dat to vrml converter
http://www.ldraw.org/download/software/ld2vr.html and your Cad program
can perhaps import vrml files. (Solidworks can do this)

Marc Klein
A Mindstorms fan.