 CAD / 3416
Re: Help with Ledit Please!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:20:37 GMT

Shiri <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:FoM1sL.25B@lugnet.com...
Hi everybody,

I've tried to download Ldraw and Ledit a few times long ago, they never
worked. I decided to try again now, and I saw the LDraw page was updated • with
a user-friendly concept (that was really nice, btw). I downloaded the
ldraw.exe and complete.exe and ran both of them according to directions
(including the "-y" ending on the run line), then made the list of parts • as
indicated.
I then tried to run LEdit - it opened and imediatly disappeared. I tried • this
again a few more times - it simply didn't work!

Please help me, I want to think out my ideas even when I don't have enough
pieces. If you know what the problem is, please help me fix it!

TIA,
Shiri

P.S.> I use Win NT, could that cause a prob?

Not particularly this, but maybe your machine is too fast for Ldraw
standards (any PC a PII or more is too fast for Ldraw, actually, so you most
probably get a "Runtime Error 200" and since your DOS window closes so quick
that you can't see error message. First thing you should do is opening a
MS-DOS Prompt window first, then running Ldraw from there using command line
commands, rather then clicking on ldraw.exe from explorer or its icon (if it
ever exist) on desktop. I hope you are familiar with DOS, but since you
already managed to install it, you should so. If you see the error above,
there is a patch on the Ldraw site. Download it, run it, and it should be
OK.

By the way, you may want to consider using a Windows based CAD program
instead of Ldraw.

Look at this for LeoCAD from Leonardo Zide:

http://leocad.gerf.org/

There is also another Ldraw compatible windows Program, MLCAD, but I
personally suggest LeoCAD.

Selçuk