 CAD / 3081
Re: My first Ldraw...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 13:55:20 GMT

[reply posted to lugnet.cad]

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Jon Bosman asked for LDraw help:

Hey guys, I extremely new to ldraw. and I don't know what is wrong with my
model but when ever i try to put one of those large 10x4x2-1/3 capopies is
offset from my models about half a stud and it's making me very angry. if
anyone knows whats   wrong, please tell me.

There's nothing wrong.  The canopy is offset in Y and Z by 4LDU, which 1/2 the
height of a plate.  This offset places the axis of rotation on the X axis,
making it very easy to open and close the canopy.  To normalize the part's
location, you must move it down 4LDU and forward 4LDU.  In LEdit, you can do
this two ways:

Y4<enter>Z-4<enter>

or

i don't check this newsgroup often
so please email me at orbitalstarcraft@hotmail.com..

Then I guess I'm answering for anyone else who's reading.

Steve