 CAD / 3058
Re: My first DAT file!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 03:44:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Well, actually an MPD. If this works right, it's a model of my yellow and
black Hydrogen Tanker.

This car has been around a while, since I got my AucZILLA VII winnings, I think
it was, which included a bazillion yellow 1x1 round bricks...

I would be interested in feedback on the number of steps, as well as on whether
I should have done things in a different order.

I saw a double step in one part where only one was needed.
Also, when you add the yellow round 1x1 plates to the back side, you should use
a rotation step where you spin the model around 180 degrees.  Although it
doesn't show when you go through in MLCAD, it does show up when you print
instructions.

That is all I could find that might need to be changed.  Order of steps is
fine.  Nice model.  When I first saw it, I thought that it was solid 1x1
rounds, which would have been absolutely crazy.

note that while I myself can see this model fine in MLCad, it does not work
well in LDLite, at least in my installation, because I think I have something b
broken in the way LDLite handles MPDs.

MANY MANY thanks to Mike Poindexter for the offline support, nudges and
encouragement, as well as for turning me on to MLCad in the first place. And a
huge thanks to the author Michael Lachmann too!

Comment away.

[DAT files snipped...]