 CAD / 2253
2252  |  2254
Subject:
POV and trees and mountains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 22:16:39 GMT

While browsing for some data today at work, I came across a page a the US
Forest Service.  The page described a system they developed to look at how
timber management processes can affect the landscape views.  While the
ForestService is doing some questionable stuff with this package, I figured
it could prove useful to the Lego raytraces out there since it uses POV-ray
for some of the final output.

Check out the page at
http://srs4703.usfs.auburn.edu/research/prob4/standviews.html

I some of the other software and access to data here at work, although I am
not all that POV-ray savvy yet.  May be some of us could work together on
this.  Imagine Bram Lambrecht's version of Wright's Fallingwater actually in
the Alleghany Mountains.

-Chris