 CAD / 2240
2239  |  2241
Subject:
Touching Bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 23:18:14 GMT

I remember this discussion, but can't seem to find the thread.  I'm working on
converting *all* of the LDraw pieces, manualy, over to trueSpace (another 3d
modeling/animating package).  When I use dat2dxf, with measurements set to
"Standard LDraw Units" (or something like that), the imported object has
dimensions 80"x40"x28" (2x4 brick, including studs [dnn't EVEN ask about the
inches bit]).  If I put 2 of the same color bricks end-to-end and render, it
looks like a 2x8.  Here's the question; How much should I shave off of each
edge to make it look "right"?  .1"?  I remember something about L3P (I think.
Or the other POV library) scaling each part by a certain ammount.  Can anyone
help?

Charles