 CAD / 2235
Re: help with LDLITE and a problem with Ldraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 13:11:00 GMT

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999 04:45:16 GMT, "Blake Christopher Gettig"
<gettig@gvec.net> wrote:

Ok,I down loaded these programs so I could see other peoples models on the
net.  I click on the DAT link on the top of the page, click on "open from
location", open the file in LDLITE and nothing appears.  Really bugs me
because they can my models but I can't see theirs.  Could some one please help
me?

The current version of LDLite has some issues with displaying online
content directly from Internet Explorer (I don't know about Netscape).
It's because LDLite doesn't like spaces in directory names.  IE always
caches files in "Temporary Internet Files".

Try this: once you've got the (empty) LDLite window, click File | Save As,
and save the file in a different location, such as the ldraw\models
directory (I use the root directory of the drive the cache is on, but
that's just me).  And be sure to change the file name, at least removing
the '(1)' at the end of the list.  LDLite has some issues with that, as
well (or it used to. maybe that's fixed. I don't remember for sure).

Click through the message(s).  Then click File, and click the just-saved
filename from the most-recently-used list.  You should have a good
rendering.

When I open up MS-DOS prompt, go to Ldraw and type in the model I what to see
it asks me if I want to continue extraction.  What's wrong with it?

Sounds like your executing the downloadable ldraw.exe archive file, rather
than the rendering program ldraw.exe.

Steve