 CAD / 2218
Re: confused about posting models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 19:15:13 GMT

Blake Christopher Gettig <gettig@gvec.net> wrote in message
news:FEvIC4.G66@lugnet.com...
I know I've asked about this before, but I'm still confused about posting my
models.  I have some models on my computer that are ready to go.  However,
they have been converted from LeoCAD to .dat format.  Because in LeoCAD you
are able to rotate your camera view 360 degrees arould the model, I'm afraid
that the online viewers of my .dat formated models would not be able to see
all of the steps.  After they are comlete, What are the steps you take to go
about posting them?

The people here won't have trouble rotating a model to see a particular step
if they want to.  We generally are just looking at the model as a whole, and
looking at steps if something interests us or if we want to build the model.
So just the plain old .dat file works fine here.

If you're putting a model on your web page for the masses, you'd probably want
to include pictures of the building steps, which LeoCAD outputs directly.

-John Van