 CAD / 2086
Re: exporting LeoCAD files to .dat format and configuring web browser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 14:45:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Blake Christopher Gettig writes:
Thanks for help you all!!!

I'm still a little confused how to export to .dat files from LeoCAD.  When I
go to export under file I get a window that askes for the path etc.  How do I
fill that out?  Once they are converted to .dat files, do I e-mail them to the
Lugnet .dat news group?
How do you configure your web brouser(I have Internent Explorer)to be able
to see the other great models that lego fans built?

Thank you again for all of the terrific help.  I really appreciate it!!!

To View:
Well, first you need to have LDraw and the latest updates installed.  Then
download and install LDLite ( http://www.gyugyi.com/l3g0/ldlite/ ), associate
.dat files with it, and I think you have to use the web interface to view them
(there is a link at the top of the page to open the dat file).

To Post:
I'm not sure how to use the newsreader to post .dat files; I use the web
interface.  Just click the "Browse" button beneath the message text box, find
the file, and you're good to go!

Jeff