 CAD / 2068
Re: jeff gordon team 24 model(s)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 04:12:01 GMT

I would be curious to see how this comes out.  I have toyed with the idea of
building stock cars as well although the ones I was working on were on the
same scale as the the race cars from the Indy Transport (6335) set.  I was
never real happy with the look I achieved.  My car was too boxy for my
tastes.

With the booming NASCAR collectible market, TLG could make some serious cash
if they started to offer models of all of the teams.  Of course they would
probably have to license the likeness of the various cars (DuPont/Hendrick
Motorsports, Penzoil/DEI, Tide/RPM, etc.)  in order to do it right.  Just
think of all of the things they could do ... race cars, pit wagons,
transporters, grandstands, pit areas, control towers, sky boxes, blimps,
helicopters, luxury motor coaches, souvenir trailers, the list is almost
endless.

Sort of on the same thread ... anyone ever built an MGB?  I would love to
build a Model Team-like replica of my '67 MGB but I have no idea where I
would ever get that many green plates!

Mike - mike_walsh@mentorg.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh

Thomas Burger wrote in message ...
anyone a nascar fan?
im currently working on a jeff gordon stock car for my brother, now i think
ill make some more models, like his new superman car...

since lego was always into indy cars stock car designs are hard to make it
look good. i got the instructions for the 177(4?) the indy pit stop, and im
going to make that with a few stock cars. a new raceway as well in octan • colors
(a big one like the size of the victory lap raceway)