 CAD / 1853
Re: Steerable town rig
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 13:30:06 GMT

"Ralph Hempel" <rhempel@bmts.com> writes:

      http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/articulated-rig/

Your combination of photo-realism and schematic drawing is visible in many
modern architectural illustrations

Wow, thanks!  I wanted to submit this model for the LEGO Model Design
Competition, but it has sadly not been put up yet.  I fear that I may
have been the only one contributing anyway, so I can understand that the
maintainer became disheartened.  I generally like to share my ideas with
other people, so when it didn't get displayed on the LMDC, I had to
publish it myself.

Anyway, I wanted to present as much details as possible about the
vehicle on one 800x600 image.  That's why I made the "collage" with the
different illustrations to show the size of the vehicle (important
because the theme was "Everything between two 6x8 plates") the
steerability and the general look of it.

The instructions are very much inspired from LEGO's own instructions, in
which they sometimes place a blurred image in the background.  My image
is from a construction site, but the details are too blurred to be
visible.

and will certainly make a nice desktop background, if I may aprehend
it for those purposes?

Certainly!  I would be happy.

Fredrik