 CAD / 1840
1839  |  1841
Subject:
not so much as a serious part maker no more(was Re: 12 v train motor part #? anyone know?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 08:20:25 GMT

>Wow, one of the most "able" part authors is back again. You are very
welcome!..

Selçuk

able? well i do what I can LOL
since im in the marines now I make models now.
which brings me to the subject of custom parts..?

for instance my 48 stud flat has a part i #'ed 10014, its a 1 x 4 x 2/3 panel.
its my own creation. there is no real part like this and probbly wont be
either . the logical real way a custom part could be made is if it is used in
many various models. i try not to make models with custom parts.. but so far
all my really good train models like..
- 48 stud, 9 brick high autorack
- 48 stud flat
- 32 stud hi box (well the doors are "stretched")
- emd diesel
- RTLN caboose w/ side window
- hmmwv (just 2 parts which i think if you "how dare i say this" cut a 2 x2
tile, and glue a 1 x2 tile..)
-- those models use custom parts to give them a cool look