 CAD / 1758
Re: looking for decorated slope piece
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 9 May 1999 03:28:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Ben Gatrelle writes:
Hi everyone, This is my first post to the cad group.
I have checked the parts tracker page and several individuals pages and have
not been able to find the piece I need to complete my LDRAW model.

It is a 2x3 low slope from set#6180 "Sting Ray Stormer" used on the tail and
elsewhere.

I have a photo of my actual model and an attempt at POV-Ray on my creations web
page. The model is called TIGER FIGHTER. I have had to substitute
part#3298p19.dat though this is yellow, and the piece I need is more of an
orange design and gives the ship more of the "tiger" look.

Can anyone point me to the piece I need?

I haven't seen that one done.  Perhaps this is a good opportunity for you to
learn part authoring.  I think patterns are a great place for new authors to
start.  The tiger-stripe pattern would be a moderate challenge for you.

-John Van