 CAD / 1731
Re: B-Wing, Attack Mode (Foils Open)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 20:26:40 GMT

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999 02:54:51 GMT, "Jeff Stembel" <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote:
Questions/observations:
1.  922.dat - what is that?  That is not in the official releases.

That is the 180 degree Technic Connector.

Ah...  32034.dat.
922 was the voting number, but the part was not released officially as 922.
Adding any parts from a voting distribution to your \parts directory is risky.
Those part numbers are always subject to change prior to official release -
without any warning or provision for backward compatibility.

2.  I notice that you use many of the "~moved to" pieces.  Originally, James
would occasionally discontinue whole ranges of "moved to" pieces.  So far, we
have not done so, but it is always a future possibility.  I would strongly
recommend you use the correct number and avoid the "~moved to" files.

If you have LDAO, you can also use the "Update" tool to correct all those old
numbers within any current model files you have.

Hmmm...  I just use whatever is in my list.  I'll Look into fixing the files,
Thanks.  Do you have any suggestions as to how to fix the list that makelist
creates?

I did post a question to cad.dev on this matter.  I think it would be good idea
to have mklist ignore ~moved to files when creating the parts.lst file.
"outa sight, outa mind".

In the meantime, you could always sort by Description and that way the ~moved
to files are at the end.  Or even delete the whole section.

If you have Win95+, you could use LDAO's VEC and/or the LDraw Parts List
program.  Both ignore ~moved to files.

-- Terry K --