 CAD / 17077
    Re: The future of LDraw? —Timothy Gould
   (...) Possibly so but I'm of the opinion that those that make and share the parts are entitled to some narcissism. And I speak having done minimal part authoring in quite some time (due to laziness) so it's not self-interest at work. --snip-- Your (...) (14 years ago, 20-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: The future of LDraw? —Tore Eriksson
     (...) It is an issue IMO. Probably a small one compared to other ones, but it's the sum of real or subjective obstacles that makes me worried about recruiting new LDraw authors. What I believe is the biggest issue is nobody's fault: All the easy, (...) (14 years ago, 20-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad)

         Re: The future of LDraw? —Dave Schuler
      In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson wrote: ***snip*** I'd like to mention at this point that Tore Eriksson is personally responsible for my first forays into apocryphal parts-authoring. I found his small handful of Tyco-based half-height elements, and I (...) (14 years ago, 20-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad)

         Re: The future of LDraw? —Anders Isaksson
     (...) I think you are completely right here! I have done some starts in part authoring, but given up on 'the real thing' as there are no easy parts left to do. Of course this makes it much harder for a budding part author. The quality which is (...) (14 years ago, 20-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: The future of LDraw? —Dave Schuler
   (...) Well, I singled out the header-code not as the problem in itself but as symptomatic of a shift that's taken place over a period of years. I don't know how else to say it without sounding petty, and I'm absolutely not singling out any one (...) (14 years ago, 20-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: The future of LDraw? —Timothy Gould
   In lugnet.cad, Dave Schuler wrote: --snip-- (...) I think I see a bit better what you were getting at (and what Tore is getting at too which is the same issue I think). I kind of do agree with you both that making new parts is too hard due in part (...) (14 years ago, 20-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad)