 CAD / 16476
Re: Problems with LDCfgalt.ldr and between LDConfig.ldr and LDDP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 2009 02:22:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
I noticed two issues with the new versions of LDConfig.ldr:
- LDCfgalt.ldr contains only grey colors (#c1c1c1) with black edge.
Though I never used LDCfgalt this seems weird to me.

LDCfgalt.ldr has been kept for backwards compatibility but colors
have been substituted with grey to encourage the shift to the new
LDConfig.ldr file and colors.

I seem to remember that part of the reason to have LDCfgalt.ldr was
for people who prefer the colored edge lines. Actually, it seems like
that was a big part of the reason to have the file.  So why drop that
functionality?

People?  You mean person.  I think the only real reason for creating that
file in the first place was to hush my whining about boring colors.

  http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=9792

I got a nice laugh from the delicious irony of stealthily replacing
the shiny candy colors with the most boring of all:  black and grey.
Hah!  Good one!  Consider me officially "encouraged".  I don't think
it'll work though.  I never managed to use that file anyhow.  The name
kept changing, the file occasionally "disappeared" from ldraw.org,
and the colors were never quite bright enough for my taste.  I say
just disappear the file one last time and call it a day.

Have fun,

Don