 CAD / 16361
Re: DATHeader Update (The Reviewer Tool) Version 2.0.7
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 2009 20:47:21 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Il'dar Ismagilov wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Michael Heidemann wrote:
I have just uploaded a new version of DATHeader (2.0.7)
mikeheide

Hello, Michael Heidemann.
DATHeader become better and better.

I want to describe some interface and usability issues.

1 I don't like a new 'Scan for errors'-'Scan results' window. I do not want to
scroll down a textBox every time.
2 There are too many menu items. 'Scan for errors' menu item works like a
button. Create a LARGE button in the right top corner with a similar behavior
and move 'Scans for errors' item to 'Detailed Scan' as a submenu.
3 Rename 'Detailed Scan' to 'Scan'.
4 Remove 'Coplanarity', 'Double lines', 'Spaces in title' buttons, because i
prefer to use 'Scan for errors' button and these buttons do not cover all
reasons to hold a part.
5 Rename 'Set Preferences' to 'Set Author and License' or something like this.
6 I can not to resize any window. Anchor property will help you to attach a
control to windows edges.
7 There are three items Option, Preferences and ..... Settings!
May be, it would be better to combine 'preferences' and 'extrenal programs'
forms and move 'Settings' menu item  to 'Edit' menu.

It was not so difficult to write a program reply here!
Sorry for my English

El'dar Ismagilov

Thank you very much for your feedback.

As you know DATHeader is growing very fast and my main goal is to have all
function work correctly. Only on second I care about optimal GUI.
As a change to an application will cause in most cases new errors I tried not to
change the existing features.
But now it is maybe the time to do exactly this, optimize the GUI, as nearly all
features I was thinking about and heared from feedback are now implemented.

I like to have more opinions on designing the GUI to fit (in best case) all your
needs, so your experience with DATHeader will be of more benefit to you.

cu
mikeheide