 CAD / 16322
Re: Anton Raves Part Includes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 2009 05:39:03 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Eric Albrecht wrote:

   In response to my conversation with Tom Beattie concerning using Anton Raves’ parts with L3P or LDView, I decided it would be a good idea to create a repository to hold the include files. I’ve placed this library on my website at the location below. Please take a look and tell me what you think. As Tom suggested, additions to this repository are welcome.

http://www.ericalbrecht.com/technic/Ref/anton.html

I have just submitted 8 alternate LGEO parts to the ‘Anton Raves Part Include’ page at the Technicopedia Resource page http://www.ericalbrecht.com/technic/Ref/anton.html.
A big thanks to Eric who not only introduced me to this ‘inclusion’ technique, but also fine-tuned these files before public release. The download page has a comprehensive set of instructions to get you started.

Once these files are installed and LDView’s XML file updated the substitution process is automatic. If the part exists in Anton’s library, then you can set up an appropriate include file. More Background info on the Downloads page.

I think this is a great process to clean up rough LDraw parts which don’t make it through the LGEO part substitution process. I will definitely be using this process in the future.

Cheers

Tom Beattie

www.brickvista.com