 CAD / 1558
Re: Microfig Battlestar Galactica
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 23:41:54 GMT

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999 20:34:25 GMT, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss) wrote:

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999 17:29:14 GMT, "James Brown"
<galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote:

In lugnet.cad, Ryan Dennett writes:
Cool. I don't know what it's supposed to look like, but still it's cool=
looking
Ryan
"Build or build not. There is no try." - Lego Master Yoda

Its a model of the Battlestar Galactica, from the show of the same name -
aired in 78-79, and then got canceled, due mostly to a seriously competative
timeslot, combined with a really high cost-per-episode (estimates go from
$750,000 to $1 million per ep)

You don't think the cancellation had anything to do with the fact that the
show was highly derivative, completely innane, and generally lame?  (I can
say these things, I used to *love* Battlestar Galactica)

Steve

I liked it too - in the beginning.  But as the series progressed, it gradually
turned into "Dukes of Hazzard"  in outer space.  Or maybe Starsky and Hutch.
At any rate, the plotlines became ludicrous.  Written by hollywood hacks with
no feel or appreciation for science fiction or space opera.

Pure drivel.

-- Terry K --