 CAD / 15255
Re: Dome Creator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.build.arch
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2008 12:53:58 GMT

It seems very interressant and promising. Is there a place where to download your software and try it?

Erik

Erik

The program is written in Visual Basic. I currently have clean up some of the bugs (usually division by zero errors and others) and then I’ll turn it into an .exe file. I hope to have a working copy for Brickworld in Chicago (June 19th) and I’ll post where is can be downloaded from.

For now I’m still looking for more features and/or options to add on.

And I’m also wondering if coding this in another language would be better for all.

The program uses a fairly simple algorithm. If first determines if the center of a plate lies within the area of the given base. If it does, it looks up to find the height of the function at that point. I initially tried some other ideas (using calculus to find the intersection of the plate and the surface and then determine if more of the plate is within or outside the surface) but this seemed over the top especially when an easy analytical method was available.

Arthur